The Long House is the physical seat of government for the Independent Sovereignty of Cascadia. The massive building is fashioned from Wimahl Basalt, locally-sourced cedar and pine, and thousands of steel trusses; the building was created in the style of a long-house common amongst the founding tribes of Cascadia.
It is also the largest human-created structure in the world.
The Long House accommodates the Speaker’s Hall of the Council of Chiefs, the offices of the Council of Chiefs, the offices of the Council of Ministers, and the Open and Closed deliberation rooms of the Council of Elders. Additionally, the building includes housing for every member of the three branches of Cascadia’s government.
Construction of the edifice began in 1834 and was completed in 1866.