Mandatory Savings Account

The Mandatory Savings Account is a Cascadian requirement for every citizen and immigrant to Cascadia who performs work in the country. For every hour worked, a minimum of 15% of the wages paid are moved into a savings account with one of the major banks of Cascadia. This money is safeguarded for use in times of hardship and can be drawn on through an application process. Of the money in the account, 75% accrues interest at the prevailing rate set by the government, known as the Cascadia Interest Rate. The remaining 25% may be invested in other securities if they are approved by the Central Economic Council (CEC) or if they trade on the Cascadia Stock Exchange (CSX). A rebalance of the savings account is required every annum so that the proportion of safe savings is always relatively high, stable, and accessible to the user.